Sunday, October 12, 2008

What I know

People express their feeling through music. Sometimes I hear very slow traditional music in Thailand and also in Japan, but the instrument that they use is different.
The first time that I heard Thai music was in Emporium with my family. We thought that Thai music is very slow and makes us sleepy. I wonder why they use different types of instrument even though, it is in same Asia. In Japan, people play their traditional music when we have cultural events as well as Thailand. In my mind, I think Thailand play their traditional music more often than Japan, because they celebrate traditional thing more than Japan. Actually I don’t know anything about Thai music but I can guess that Thailand has several kinds of music in different places and use different instruments. What I know for now is both Japan and Thailand use string instrument. But I want to know more differences and similarities between this two countries because as I told you before I curious that why we have different kinds of music even we are in Asia. This motivates me to come up with this topic of this project.

1 comment:

Ms. Sue said...

Good introduction!
Ms. Sue